horsefield help

Moo

Hello I have joined and would love some help. I have just taken on a horsefield who is between 10-15 years old from a relative that passed away! the tortoise arrived and so did her Viv etc. I would love to give her more space and thinking of a table poss outdoor set up and just wonder in best way of going about it and sizing! Also where the best place online to get a new lamp as her bulb has gone pop. It is is a uvb combined one! Sorry about the ramble but want to get her sorted properly! Thanksx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum! It's getting late in the year, but having a nice place outside where you can put the tortoise during good weather, is very important. For indoors, get the biggest plastic tub you have space for, or even two plastic tubs and cut out opposing ends and put them together. This is a Christmas Tree Storage Bin made by Iris and is about 4' long:

christmas tree bin-1.jpg

I buy most of my supplies online from Amazon. But hardware type supplies I buy at home improvement stores.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
For an adult Russian go as big as you can. Welcome to the forum. An MVB, mercury vapor bulb, is a great option for UVB and heat. I buy mine online.