Hosta and spider plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I'm looking at growing some shaddy plants for my new redroot area, inside.
I've seen some hosta seed online but heard they hard to grow, is that true.

Also, can't find spider plant seed. Is it best I just buy one and re-pot the plant?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have two big hosta's in Pio's garden. He sits under them all day as they provide lots of shade. I notice that he's also eating the leaves as he sits there. Right now as Fall is nearing the hosta's are really cheap in Home Depot and Lowes where I live. I never grew them from seed, but mine were small when I planted them and now they're really big.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
terryo said:
I have two big hosta's in Pio's garden. He sits under them all day as they provide lots of shade. I notice that he's also eating the leaves as he sits there. Right now as Fall is nearing the hosta's are really cheap in Home Depot and Lowes where I live. I never grew them from seed, but mine were small when I planted them and now they're really big.

How long after you got them and repotting them were you able to put them in with Pio?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't do things "by the book", so I planted them as soon as I got them. First I made the garden, planted all the plants and then when the weather got warmer I put her in. The first year they were small, but so was she and they still offered enough shade. Now they are really big.

029-23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.