Hot HOt HOT

8james8

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Be sure to send to the right address. I'll pm you for accuracy. :)

Gorgeous rad. What line?

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Be sure to send to the right address. I'll pm you for accuracy. :)

Gorgeous rad. What line?
This is from a rather new/uncommon bloodline until recently. When she does produce she can really turn on the color, just email me for details the numbers wont make sense to most.

Thanks everyone, more like this growing up now! This was just a stand out with in the stand out group.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
You're just jealous!
There may be a component of truth to that, NOT. I like more yellow on the skin, forelimbs, head and neck. I'm okay with the wide range of star burst patterns from few to many. As for the pyramiding, just being a wise a$$.

I notice fewer people who at least state their preference seem interested in the skin color. They are all good looking tortoises though.

Last edited:

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
There may be a component of truth to that, NOT. I like more yellow on the skin, forelimbs, head and neck. I'm okay with the wide range of star burst patterns from few to many. As for the pyramiding, just being a wise a$$.

I notice fewer people who at least state their preference seem interested in the skin color. They are all good looking tortoises though.
The skin color can be tricky on the younger ones, some will develop an orange hue after about a year. Typically though, these bloodlines wont have much shell color nor head color. Every now and then I get one with yellow skin, solid yellow head, and crazy bright shell. Needless to say, that's rare and very expensive. Evan has the last notable one like that he has posted here some time back. I may or may not have another special one, I can not confirm nor deny if I do!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was able to get a large-ish male (11 inches) that has a more bright yellow head. That is what sparked this for me, it very much changes the focus from the shell, for me.

WHAT???? You have a "largish" radiata?

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Yeah, you really can not compare an adult to a baby. The color on the adults can turn almost like a neon yellow with the skin around the head, that can look nice on a black shell. Now you gotta post a photo!