Housing AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

trusty

5 Year Member
SO I have a large sort of toy box for my leopard,,, I know I need a larger one but she is fine at the mo,, I put her out in a LARGE penned off area when its hot which it has been,, BUT my question IS - hot end is approx 32c and cold end is approx 24c.. cool end is covered with some sphagnum moss in and her water and I spray it 3/4 times a day and my humidity this end is usually 70-80% SO will that be ok opposed to putting her in a vivarium or totally covered house which I didn;t really want to do??? She spends MOST her time the hot end and doesn;t often go the cooler end unless she goes for her drink,, although the other day she did drag all the moss around everywhere ;)

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
You will get answer for both covered and not. I think your temps are good, about the same as mine. I don't have a fully covered enclosure, but I do spray and try to keep the humidity high like you are doing also. So far it is working well, but it is more work to stay on top of things.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
She spends MOST her time the hot end and doesn;t often go the cooler end

This may be taken as an indicator that other than the basking spot the remainder of the enclosure may be a touch too cool.....have you checked temps in the "middle ground" and then in the cool end....in the cool end you don't run high humidity right? :D

trusty

5 Year Member
ascott said:
She spends MOST her time the hot end and doesn;t often go the cooler end

This may be taken as an indicator that other than the basking spot the remainder of the enclosure may be a touch too cool.....have you checked temps in the "middle ground" and then in the cool end....in the cool end you don't run high humidity right? :D

YES I have basking light one end and cool end with high humidity... which is what I thought was correct??? Is it not? Cool end is right now 23.3 celcius

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
Cool end of 23 degrees Celsius (73 Fahrenheit) is in my opinion too low with humidity. Should be 27 degrees Celsius.

trusty

5 Year Member
mchong9606 said:
Cool end of 23 degrees Celsius (73 Fahrenheit) is in my opinion too low with humidity. Should be 27 degrees Celsius.

OOH so should I put the che heather on facing that direction during the day aswell as the UV heat bulb??

Status
Not open for further replies.