How active?

Wendy Proulx

Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake VA
My Baby yellot Foot seems to sleep a lot. Is that normal? I wake him up in the morning, soak Gina do give him breakfast. After he eats, he goes back to bed. If I take him out of the tank, he will walk around the room. I have had him for a little over a week. He is alert, but everyone seems to talk about how their tortoise explores. I don't see that untless it happens when I am not watching. All the temps and humidity are good in his enclosure. He also prefers veggies to his greens. Is that a problem. Thanks for any help

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Babies sleep - a lot. It's to be expected. Just like any animal. The longer you have him and the older he gets, the more confidence he will have to explore his surroundings. It's great that you give him a chance to exercise each day. I'd love to see photos.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum, @Wendy Proulx .:)

Please do not allow your tort to roam around your flat. He could swallow something, he could hurt himself, you could even trot/kick him by mistake, GOD forbid. :rolleyes:

Any pics of your tort and his enclosure? ;)

Don't worry: torts do not like change. Therefore they take time to adapt to it. ;)