How does he look?

Justin 15

Hi everyone. New here. Just wondering if you all think my speedy looks normal/healthy???

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441465373.185984.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441465429.502259.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441465450.371476.jpg

Justin 15

Looks good to me! We've got a climber lol

Haha yea. One time I came home and found him at the top of the cage. I had to change the enclosure design.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441467002.515424.jpg

My nana'a little tortoise is no problem when we have her but he is just annoying :)

Turbotort

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Lol omg! That's crazy. Something as clumsy as a tortoise should not be scaling a fence haha.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Speedy is a very pretty tortoise. I can tell he is quite the character. I would be worried about him climbing, falling and landing on his back. :( Perhaps install something to cover the metal bars (placed on the inside) to keep him from getting foot-holds on the metal or you could change his enclosure to a big plastic container with tall sides. There are a lot of different ideas for an enclosure here on the Forum.

Justin 15

Speedy is a very pretty tortoise. I can tell he is quite the character. I would be worried about him climbing, falling and landing on his back. :( Perhaps install something to cover the metal bars (placed on the inside) to keep him from getting foot-holds on the metal or you could change his enclosure to a big plastic container with tall sides. There are a lot of different ideas for an enclosure here on the Forum.

Yea was thinking that. I don't have very deep substrate (he isn't really the digger) so he doesn't get up there anymore. He still manages to topple over sometimes but he usually gets over by himself by using a rock or plant.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Looking good but...Are you aware that speedy is not a Greek tortoise and is a Hermann's tortoise?