How much room do you really need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewby07

5 Year Member
Did you seal the floor somehow, or is the mulch directly on it? I have recently adopted a large sulcata and am still perfecting his indoor habitat.

I'm also in Richmond! Hello neighbor!

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Livingstone said:
Tom said:
Great great post. I think it is helpful for people to actually see this so they understand where their tiny little baby is heading in the near future.

Livingstone is well beyond the point where he would be living outside full time in the more southern states. I have some half his size that live outside full time now.

Thank you for the info.

Anytime Tom. You know I believe in the whole for warned is for armed.

jtrux said:
Livingstone said:
Yup, I'm up for the challenge. We are probably going to move further south.

Now that's a commitment!

Haha, thanks. We are actually thinking about Austin TX. Im doing my undergrad in biology, and then Med school (fingers crossed). Baylor has a very good med school but we'll see.

Austin is a great town. My girlfriend is thinking of going after her PHD there and her sister just graduated from their nursing program.

If you do move there, and you're not afraid of a little commute, look towards Bastrop, it's beautiful.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
drewby07 said:
Did you seal the floor somehow, or is the mulch directly on it? I have recently adopted a large sulcata and am still perfecting his indoor habitat.

I'm also in Richmond! Hello neighbor!

The whole pen has a thick plastic liner under the mulch. I used the clear household carpet runners one puts down on carpeted hallway. Home Depot has it for sale, you can get it in any length, I believe its 2 or 3ft wide. I used gorilla tape to tape the piece's together. I considered using a big tarp, it might be cheaper but I dont know how long it would last with a big tortoise.

Send me a PM too, I'd enjoy checking out what you are doing.
And, Hi neighbor to you too!!

jtrux said:
Livingstone said:
Tom said:
Great great post. I think it is helpful for people to actually see this so they understand where their tiny little baby is heading in the near future.

Livingstone is well beyond the point where he would be living outside full time in the more southern states. I have some half his size that live outside full time now.

Thank you for the info.

Anytime Tom. You know I believe in the whole for warned is for armed.

jtrux said:
Livingstone said:
Yup, I'm up for the challenge. We are probably going to move further south.

Now that's a commitment!

Haha, thanks. We are actually thinking about Austin TX. Im doing my undergrad in biology, and then Med school (fingers crossed). Baylor has a very good med school but we'll see.

Austin is a great town. My girlfriend is thinking of going after her PHD there and her sister just graduated from their nursing program.

If you do move there, and you're not afraid of a little commute, look towards Bastrop, it's beautiful.

Thanks for the info.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Livingstone said:
Thanks guys. He seems to be a healthy tort. Im actually experimenting with a 4ft wide, 3ft high enclosed humid house that I built, I really believe strongly in the humid house and it gets really hard when they get over the 1ft mark. It has been cheap to build so if it works out I'll post a how-to.

I keep my 6yo sully in the basement for the winter in a very similar enclosure. The only thing I don't like is having to climb in the enclosure to pick up poops.

I cannot wait to hear how your humid house works out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.