How much water do you use when soaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I only fill it half way up to her.....and I have to keep the temp tepid and take my hand kinda splash it on her back......wright or wrong?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know what temperature "tepid" means to you. I use water around 90 degrees for mine. Warmer water seems to make mine like it better, but yours is a different species.

Your depth sounds about right.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
For Cooper (Sulcata) I have the water around 90-95, for Ophelia (Russian) I have her's around 85. I use a digital thermometer like the one I take my daughters temp with to make sure the water is just right and stay's that way. As far as how deep I keep Ophelia's just below the bottom of her neck, Cooper's is just a little deeper.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
For my Russians I fill the water so that it just goes up to where their legs come out of the shell (so the water barely touches their skin where it comes out of the shell). That way they can soak and drink, but don't have to hold their head up in order not to drown. :)

Temp-wise, I aim for about 75-80 degrees F. That way as it cools to room temp, it doesn't get too cold. I usually pour a little over their shell, although not with my hand, since they usually poop in the water.

LadyV said:
I only fill it half way up to her.....and I have to keep the temp tepid and take my hand kinda splash it on her back......wright or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.