How Old

Butterfly2

Hi
I just got my first Red Foot Tortoise. I was wondering if anyone can tell me region it is from. Also I don't know how old it is. Can anyone give me an idea?IMG_0779.JPG

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
Someone may be able to tell you the region but no one can tell you the age. I'd guess less than a year though. Maybe around 2 months but it's all a guess.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
No idea about the region, but I'm with tortoise5643. It's probably a few months old, looks very young and super cute!! What's he eating?

Butterfly2

No idea about the region, but I'm with tortoise5643. It's probably a few months old, looks very young and super cute!! What's he eating?

I feed lettuce with carrots and fruit. Mostly apples. I just got some mangoes as I was trying to think of more kinds of fruits and vegetables that would be natural for her/him

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I feed lettuce with carrots and fruit. Mostly apples. I just got some mangoes as I was trying to think of more kinds of fruits and vegetables that would be natural for her/him
Mango, papaya, plum, strawberry, bell pepper, banana, melon, water melon, figs, occasionally tomato, kiwi, nectarine, grape,cherry,rasberry,gooseberry,pear,apple, are just some I've fed.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Very nice coloration on that baby.
We that keep Redfoot are lucky that our tortoises can eat such a wide range of plant matter, fruit and animal protein.
A photo of his/her underside would help narrow the age down a bit.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Very pretty baby. By the growth lines it's a very you g hatchling. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473262745.212282.jpg here is my baby supposedly at 2 months old. See if you can zoom on the growth lines for comparison.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
SCL(straight Carapace length) and weight could give you a ball park guess.

Butterfly2

Mango, papaya, plum, strawberry, bell pepper, banana, melon, water melon, figs, occasionally tomato, kiwi, nectarine, grape,cherry,rasberry,gooseberry,pear,apple, are just some I've fed.
Awesome! Thanks for the help!
Welcome.
We that keep Redfoot are lucky that our tortoises can eat such a wide range of plant matter, fruit and animal protein.

Thank you, I will take one.
Welcome.
Here it is, sorry it is a little blurryIMG_0785.JPG