How to clean a redfoot???

Momo

5 Year Member
Hi guys,
Just wondering how to clean Trinity. Her shell is very dry, and dusty. I know to use a toothbrush, and be gentle,
could I use something? Like either baby soap or 100% natural soap? I have to get her a toothbrush, and the babies. But the babies shells are in really great shape. :) I'm keeping her humidity up as much as possible, in the crappy enclosure! (And yes her permanent enclosure will be ready tommorow!) :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Wouldn't use anything else but water

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just pat them dry after a soak. Their shells are more sensitive than most people realize. I wouldn't use a toothbrush. At least not very often or for very long.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi guys,
Just wondering how to clean Trinity. Her shell is very dry, and dusty. I know to use a toothbrush, and be gentle,
could I use something? Like either baby soap or 100% natural soap? I have to get her a toothbrush, and the babies. But the babies shells are in really great shape. :) I'm keeping her humidity up as much as possible, in the crappy enclosure! (And yes her permanent enclosure will be ready tommorow!) :)
I just bathe them in water and clean them with a sponge.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
A soft bristled toothbrush is handy for tight spots

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I use a cotton bud and plain water for spud. A toothbrush seems to rough on the little guy :D