But i dont want to put them in a food bowl because they will escape
and i dont want worms slithering in the enclosure? :(
Thankyou!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Does he like the worms? Usually if it is a tortoise who already knows what a worm is and likes them, you will never have to worry about the worm making an escape. :p :D Might try feeding him a plastic container/tote until he knows what worms are, then feed him in his usual way. Plus if they do escape, they won't harm anything and he may at a later date find them and eat them. ;)

I like to also coat my worms with vits/minerals/calcium as I am feeding them, to be sure everybody is getting their needs met. I actually use the powder cactus stuff the most often on the worms. :D I even think that way the worms are either white or tan and much easier for the tortoises to spot, not that mine need help. :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
it is something new i want to try.... hes' never ate them before....
And im not too happy at creepies in my cage...i can imagin one day feeding him and a worm pops up...Bleurgh! ;)

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
i dont mind them they just freak me out a lil' bit!
I will touch them etc...
If needed but not by choice! ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay. See for me, as far as bugs and such go, worms are one of my favorites because they move so slow... except when your trying to catch them. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you can try feeding him in a separate container. also he may not like worms, have you tried other insects? my red foot loves snails and slugs.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
you can try feeding him in a separate container. also he may not like worms, have you tried other insects? my red foot loves snails and slugs.
I take it David, your lucky enough to love where there are both snaila and slugs? All I have to say is.... :p Jealous I am. :D Someday I will get to try those too. :D Actually we have tried the canned snails and we have very small wild snails, but they are so small, I doubt my redfoots even notice them. :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Yes when he has trips outside he loves snails,
He once whent on his back 2 feet and put his front 2 on the wall and stretched his neck to get a snail stuck on a wall! :)
He does not bother with slugs?
But he does eat a couple beetles before i get to him ,
Not sure if he is suppose to eat beetles?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Tyler, I agree with what everyone has said about worms. Mine love them, so there is no problem with them trying to escape. I put the worms on a feeding rock and a way they go. I would try to put them in the separate container so that Tiago and the worm cannot escape. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.