How to put on weight?

xBapes

Location (City and/or State)
Cockeysville, MD
Hey everyone,

Iggy has been eating much better than before. I can seem to sneak some veggies and greens in a little bit of the ZooMed Box Turtle canned food. Also if I crush the pellets up into a powder form and mix it in or dusting his night crawlers. I was thinking of bulking Iggy up a little because he seems to look a little thinner than most other male Easterns I have seen. This is likely because he wasn’t getting the complete diet at the Exotic shop he came from. I was considering wax worms since I know they are higher in fat. Any suggestions on how to bulk him up? Also if if I feed the wax worms, how many should I feed at a time and how often? I have heard there are other fatty live insects but not sure which ones. Are frozen pinkies a good option too? I’m not sure if he would go for the pinkies since they wouldn’t be moving but who knows?

Thanks

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
Waxworms are nOt something tofeed regularly. think of them as a snack that should only be given on special occasions. But they will help put weight on.
I don't feed pinkies so i can't help you there. I keep offering all types of veggies, especially cooked yams( cool, not hot) and mixed with omega one turtle pellets.

NickA

Mid Atlantic
Slugs are good if you can get them. Mine love slugs. I few years ago I put mouse traps around my yard with peanut butter on them and the next morning all the peanut butter was gone but no traps were set off. I noticed slug slime on the traps. The slugs ate all the peanut butter so I started using peanut butter to lure and catch them.

Attachments

• 29E5947C-7950-4242-9084-6391B46577EF.jpeg
    29E5947C-7950-4242-9084-6391B46577EF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7