Hubbs is not an animal person..

AnimalLady

I'm always very up front with everyone I meet. My animals are first point blank. Don't like it keep walking. Now my hub would rather not have what I have but too bad for him. I was honest in the beginning, he stuck around, I wasn't kidding.

What about animals acquired after you all were married? Same still applies?

Mine knows better than to make me chose, do not make me chose, there will be problems.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
I'm always very up front with everyone I meet. My animals are first point blank. Don't like it keep walking. Now my hub would rather not have what I have but too bad for him. I was honest in the beginning, he stuck around, I wasn't kidding.
I'm with Wellington. Anyone I've ever been in a relationship with knows that my animals come first...take it or leave it. I've told each person, if you ask me to choose between you and my animals you will lose...period. I'm with an animal person right now, thankfully, but I'm still told I'm nuts for doting on the tortoises like I do. I think tort keeping goes beyond even normal animal person mindsets in some circumstances.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What about animals acquired after you all were married? Same still applies?

Mine knows better than to make me chose, do not make me chose, there will be problems.
Oh yes, still applies. I'm very honest person. Everyone that knows me knows animals are a big part of my life and always will be.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I think tom summed it up perfectly

When people know I have a tort I get a lot of "but why what do they do"

Or when they hear how much I've put into my tort they're surprised but I look at it as he's here because of me I wanted him he didn't ask to be in captivity or come to me so I'll take care of him and give him a long treated we'll life

Happy Birthday!!!

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
Yes, yes, yes. My husband thought he knew what he was getting into when he married me, and after 20 years I think he has put up with a lot... he often says I kiss the dog way more than him and he can't believe how much time and energy I spend on the tortoise. Especially when I just sit in the yard and watch Francis...or the weeds in our yard I won't let him touch...or the organic greens I buy...the plants I grow...but he did take excellent care of her for me when I was away this summer. Even the daily soaks. I think he has learned to appreciate animals, but he is not an animal lover.