Humid hide question.

PixelAdams

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hello all. I've had my marginated tortoise, Pixel, for over a year now. She's over three inches and growing smoothly. I had a humid hide in her enclosure for a year, but recently took it out. The humidity in her enclosure generally stays above 50%, higher if I spray it down.

My question is how long will my tortoise benefit from having a humid hide. I'm going to be moving her to a larger enclosure soon (the zoo med tortoise house.) should I make one for that? At what age will she be ok without?

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Don't have an answer to your question, but your tort has the coolest tort name! (Mine is called Pixel too... ;-) )

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello all. I've had my marginated tortoise, Pixel, for over a year now. She's over three inches and growing smoothly. I had a humid hide in her enclosure for a year, but recently took it out. The humidity in her enclosure generally stays above 50%, higher if I spray it down.

My question is how long will my tortoise benefit from having a humid hide. I'm going to be moving her to a larger enclosure soon (the zoo med tortoise house.) should I make one for that? At what age will she be ok without?
Please post pictures of your tort as well as her enclosure asap.

Good luck!