Humidity in my enclosure

Tigerlilyfoxfire

Location (City and/or State)
SC
Hey everyone! I am looking to invest in a bigger indoor enclosure for my year old red footed tortoise. I have had such problems keeping the humidity up in the large Rubbermaid. There is plenty of room but I cannot keep the humidity up. Even when I mist the enclosure multiple times a day!

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
I've been pointing everyone at DIYcages.com but they seem to be sold out now. I have one and humidity is not a problem.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Don’t mist, place a Bucket of water until is moist in the bottom, I used to Just mist the enclosure, but when I did this the ambient temps and humidity went up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey everyone! I am looking to invest in a bigger indoor enclosure for my year old red footed tortoise. I have had such problems keeping the humidity up in the large Rubbermaid. There is plenty of room but I cannot keep the humidity up. Even when I mist the enclosure multiple times a day!
You need a large closed chamber.

We have a forum member here named Mark that makes excellent ones at a very low price for what you are getting. @Markw84

Before Mark was making them, I bought mine from Animal Plastics. Excellent service and an excellent product, but the wait time is months.

I don't have experience with the company that haydog mentioned, but I'd certainly look into that too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don’t mist, place a Bucket of water until is moist in the bottom, I used to Just mist the enclosure, but when I did this the ambient temps and humidity went up.
This person has a red footed tortoise. Unlike your sulcata, red foots are very prone to shell rot when kept on damp/wet substrate all the time. If not carried out carefully, and with respect to this fact, the advice you are offering could do harm.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
This person has a red footed tortoise. Unlike your sulcata, red foots are very prone to shell rot when kept on damp/wet substrate all the time. If not carried out carefully, and with respect to this fact, the advice you are offering could do harm.
So they say...