Humidity

Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Hi, I spray down my leopard tortoises cage once a day to keep humidity up he is about 2-3 inches please tell me if I’m wrong.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
It is quite a small enclosure so you will need to upgrade it soon as your tortoise will outgrow it quite quickly.

The top of your enclosure is mesh? That is why you can hold humidity. The tank needs to be completely closed.

You can wet your substrate, tip water in there and mix it all up with your hands. Spraying it will not keep up the humidity.

What are your temperatures?
Basking
Warm side
Cool side
Overnight

What are you feeding?

I’m not sure what the thing on the left is, is it a rock?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Hi, I spray down my leopard tortoises cage once a day to keep humidity up he is about 2-3 inches please tell me if I’m wrong.

Spraying is not as effective as pouring water into the substrate and mixing it all up. You should be mixing the substrate every few days.

Cover your mesh top with aluminum foil and cut out sections of the mesh so your UVB light will not filtered out by the mesh. The aluminum foil also protects the plastic mesh from any heat damage resulted from having lighting fixtures resting on top of the mesh screen.

Utah
It is quite a small enclosure so you will need to upgrade it soon as your tortoise will outgrow it quite quickly.

The top of your enclosure is mesh? That is why you can hold humidity. The tank needs to be completely closed.

You can wet your substrate, tip water in there and mix it all up with your hands. Spraying it will not keep up the humidity.

What are your temperatures?
Basking
Warm side
Cool side
Overnight

What are you feeding?

I’m not sure what the thing on the left is, is it a rock?

I what humidity levels are needed for a leopard?