Humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiLove

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans
Does my Sulcata Hatchling need to have humidity in the entire enclosure or just inside of the hide box?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Well some people use the whole enclosure and some people only use a humid hide. They are both great options (as long as the outside of the humid hide isnt bone dry and at least 50% humidity) but I would recommend the whole enclosure to be humid (around 70-80%) if you can keep the temps pretty high basking around 100 and a cool spot around 80 then that would be ideal for your tortoise in my opinion.

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Tom said:
The whole thing.

Okay, thank you because someone just told me differently and I was confused! I thought I was going the wrong thing! Thanks!

Eweezyfosheezy said:
Well some people use the whole enclosure and some people only use a humid hide. They are both great options (as long as the outside of the humid hide isnt bone dry and at least 50% humidity) but I would recommend the whole enclosure to be humid (around 70-80%) if you can keep the temps pretty high basking around 100 and a cool spot around 80 then that would be ideal for your tortoise in my opinion.

Oh okay! Thank you for replying! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Opinions will vary. If you asked most vets, pet shops and tortoise breeders, they will tell you to keep them dry on rabbit pellets with no water bowl, and soak them once a week. Here on the tortoise forum, we have learned better and have 100s of members with smooth healthy tortoises to prove it.

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Tom said:
Opinions will vary. If you asked most vets, pet shops and tortoise breeders, they will tell you to keep them dry on rabbit pellets with no water bowl, and soak them once a week. Here on the tortoise forum, we have learned better and have 100s of members with smooth healthy tortoises to prove it.

Then I will take you and the forum's opinion! :)
Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.