Humps everything!

Ms.Opal

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Few months ago we found a sully . We decided to kept him, since owners were never found.
So this guy is currently humping my plant pot. He humps everything will this ever stop? I used to think he was trying to charge at my dog, but it’s more like he’s trying to mate with him.

Attachments

• EAE69010-0171-4B8A-A37F-E2B6586CDD59.jpeg
    EAE69010-0171-4B8A-A37F-E2B6586CDD59.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71

Kasia

Poland
Few months ago we found a sully . We decided to kept him, since owners were never found.
So this guy is currently humping my plant pot. He humps everything will this ever stop? I used to think he was trying to charge at my dog, but it’s more like he’s trying to mate with him.
Healthy boy;)

Bambam1989

East Texas
He may grow out of it in time or he may be a randy fella for the rest of his long life. It just depends on his personality.
I've heard of people giving their torts basketballs or soccer balls with a little of the air let out(so the ball doesn't roll away as easily)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
He probably will calm down after awhile. Charlie used to do it a lot more often than now.

2wgasa

5 Year Member
Carlsbad, CA
Last summer we heard then found Bomber humping a stack of fiberboard I had cut up to fit in the trash and left on the patio. Only lived with us for about 9 months at the time so it was something new. Since he enjoyed it so much, my wife suggested we keep a small chunk of the stack and put it in his personal area, which I did. It was about 12x12x8 and I used spikes to keep it secure. Regardless of where he was in our yard, he headed back to his area whenever he felt the need for a friend. I guess the cooler weather slowed him down or maybe it's seasonal...no idea. Anyway, recently removed it because it was pretty beat up and unused for awhile, but saved the spikes so I can make him a new one this summer just in case.

Ms.Opal

Southern California
He may grow out of it in time or he may be a randy fella for the rest of his long life. It just depends on his personality.
I've heard of people giving their torts basketballs or soccer balls with a little of the air let out(so the ball doesn't roll away as easily)
Thanks for the idea. He seemed to like the soccer ball that was roaming in the back yard.

Ms.Opal

Southern California
Last summer we heard then found Bomber humping a stack of fiberboard I had cut up to fit in the trash and left on the patio. Only lived with us for about 9 months at the time so it was something new. Since he enjoyed it so much, my wife suggested we keep a small chunk of the stack and put it in his personal area, which I did. It was about 12x12x8 and I used spikes to keep it secure. Regardless of where he was in our yard, he headed back to his area whenever he felt the need for a friend. I guess the cooler weather slowed him down or maybe it's seasonal...no idea. Anyway, recently removed it because it was pretty beat up and unused for awhile, but saved the spikes so I can make him a new one this summer just in case.
The spikes didn’t hurt him?
They find the oddest things to have their way with. I found my tort humping a bag of cans that were ment to go to the recycling center.