Hurricane Beryl coming for me...!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Right now she's thundering towards the Windward Islands packing 130 kph winds. Track is then directly headed for me and my vulnerable little cottage in the hills of St. Andrew, Jamaica. We won't come out of this one unscathed. Whoever prays, please pray for all the islands in the Caribbean that are now frantically preparing for a monster. @ZEROPILOT will be on this one with interest from Florida.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It's going to be with us on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the forecasts. We will likely lose electricity for an extended period and the destruction and flooding will be "catastrophic" if it does maintain its Category 4 strength or even Category 3 or 2. It's very scary. The last really bad one we had was Gilbert in September 1988. I was in Montego Bay by the sea, but safe in a strong house. Not this time!

zovick

10 Year Member!
It's going to be with us on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the forecasts. We will likely lose electricity for an extended period and the destruction and flooding will be "catastrophic" if it does maintain its Category 4 strength or even Category 3 or 2. It's very scary. The last really bad one we had was Gilbert in September 1988. I was in Montego Bay by the sea, but safe in a strong house. Not this time!
Good luck! For your sake, I hope it won't be as bad as predicted.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
He's a CAT FOUR now.
Serious stuff.
I'm not sure if this one will effect my area badly, yet.
I don't even think the US will be close.
Hopefully we'll all be ok.
I'll be keeping up on the details

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'll be praying a butterfly flaps it's wings and changes the wind flow and sends it away from all my friends. Out to Sea β›΅ what's beautiful is that's possible. It's still a miracle when it happens. Hopes and prayers 🀞 πŸ™ πŸ€— to all of you in the path. Those are the days we're supposed to get oppressive heat with high dew points. Also storms, tornadoes, high winds, hail etc. mother nature needs to just calm down.😘

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
...mother nature needs to just calm down.😘
That made me laugh. My wife and I were just watching "Signs" and there is a line like this in the movie. All the kids are getting worked up about the alien invasion and the dad says, "Everyone in this house needs to calm down and eat some fruit or something..."

Mother Nature needs to calm down and eat some fruit or something!

TammyJ, I hope this all just blows over. Sending well wishes your way. Can't you just hop in your private jet and come stay here for a few days? Its hotter here right now, but its a "dry" heat! :)

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Tammy, I pray a lot, and you and all the people of the islands will be at the top of my list until the danger is gone. πŸ™

What animals do you have besides tortoises to try to keep safe? I will be praying for all the animals as well.πŸ™

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Right Tammy! You do the updating and I'll hold the door closed.

USE THE TORTOISE LUKE!!!

A tortoise comes in handy as a door stopper sometimes.?
All that being said…
Please take cover. That sounds like serious stuff! If you need a place I can squeeze you all in here!!! ❀️
Can you pack up and leave to somewhere closer? But away from the storm?
Please tell us a list of the animals you have so we can do a check list figure something out!!!!?????? 😱😱
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

COmtnLady

Colorado
Please keep us updated, this is scary...

Is there anyone off-island that you might be able to designate to update us (like your daughter perhaps) until your electric and such is stable again? (I'm thinking like there might be radio or Red Cross emergency phone hook ups that you can't make 87 calls on, but the one call to the designated person who could also let us know you're ok.)

All your critters and you, please be safe.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Hey girl,
Are you getting ready for a blow? My friend Cherryann in Barbados has been "dark" for a while....no way to reach her.
Good luck and don't let your hair get messed up.

Seriously though, keep your head down Tammy! Maybe abandon the homestead and go into one of those new concrete government buildings?