Hurricane Beryl coming for me...!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
You guys are awesome, thank you all for your good wishes. At this point, with a Category 5 hurricane roaring towards us, all we are doing is just trying to prepare with what little we have, which honestly is not much, but still more than some other folks here. If you want an idea of what might happen, look at the videos from Carriacou in the Grenadines! I have to admit, I am plenty scared. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a bunch of rats, snakes and a feisty iguana. I have no tortoises right now, as I was forced to sell my 2 wonderful Redfoots to a friend when the family was in a medical emergency a year ago. I know my precious babies are safe and having a good life (lots of space, not kept together!). So, we will be locked in with all our animals in this tiny 2 bedroom house 🏡! IN A FREAKING CAT 5! Anyway, again, thanks, and love you all. Will check back again later today.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
You guys are awesome, thank you all for your good wishes. At this point, with a Category 5 hurricane roaring towards us, all we are doing is just trying to prepare with what little we have, which honestly is not much, but still more than some other folks here. If you want an idea of what might happen, look at the videos from Carriacou in the Grenadines! I have to admit, I am plenty scared. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a bunch of rats, snakes and a feisty iguana. I have no tortoises right now, as I was forced to sell my 2 wonderful Redfoots to a friend when the family was in a medical emergency a year ago. I know my precious babies are safe and having a good life (lots of space, not kept together!). So, we will be locked in with all our animals in this tiny 2 bedroom house 🏡! IN A FREAKING CAT 5! Anyway, again, thanks, and love you all. Will check back again later today.
We’ll be thinking of you. Post when you can!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This is a particularly nasty storm.
Keep us updated.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@TammyJ .....
You may not have much there but you sure have a WHOLE LOT here. I will be thinking of you and hoping for a change of path. The TFO wouldn't be the same without ya so don't get any crazy ideas. Hunker down and post here constantly letting us know you are still ok. And don't ever forget @TammyJ is LOVED on the TFO.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm ever so glad hurricanes, typhoons, tornados don't occur here, because I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!! Let's all hope this hurricane takes a turn and misses our Tammy completely!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm ever so glad hurricanes, typhoons, tornados don't occur here, because I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!! Let's all hope this hurricane takes a turn and misses our Tammy completely!
This is a small, tight, extremely powerful storm.
I do hope it stays at sea.

JoJosMom

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake, CA
Tammy, I can't imagine the fear that is in your heart right now. Mother nature is most definitely an unpredictable power that we have no control over. We are thinking of you and your family during this time and are praying for your safety. Please, as long as you have communications, keep us updated.

From the bottom of our hearts, from our family to yours, may you be protected always and be able to return from any destruction that may be in your path.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Taaaaammmmyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
I’m right there with you bud!!!!
Hang tight and make sure to have your pet carriers close by.
Shove all the rats in one tank
the snakes in another
the dogs in carriers
and for god sake put the cats in something that doesn’t get WET! Like me… we hate getting WET!!!
I am praying for you and your family
I am praying for the storm to f..🤬- off
And I am praying that Mother Nature stops this messy “menaupause tantrum” she is expelling on you!!!! 😭😭😭😭
All my love booger pants!
You can do this!!!!!
Talk to you Thursday !!!!!! ❤️🙏🙏❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️🙏🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

AZGirl

Arizona
It's going to be with us on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the forecasts. We will likely lose electricity for an extended period and the destruction and flooding will be "catastrophic" if it does maintain its Category 4 strength or even Category 3 or 2. It's very scary. The last really bad one we had was Gilbert in September 1988. I was in Montego Bay by the sea, but safe in a strong house. Not this time!
Will pray for you all on the islands. 🙏🙏🙏