I finally did it !

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
I have had the idea for a long time to install an IP-cam so I can watch all of my Redfoots from remote.

So during the weekend I bought a motorized wifi cam and installed it in my "Red-room" :) It also has night vision (IR) and since it's motorized (360 + tilt), it actually covers the whole room; the two large indoor enclosures, three yearling enclosures, one baby enclosure and the incubator. But since the incubator is covered, I just have to figure out how to be able to look inside without turning any lights on or open it. Maybe it will be a separate cam...

My plan is to put the live stream on to my home page as well, but so far it's for my eyes only.

The second evening after I installed it, it was already pay back time, since I could see Mimmi (my best egg laying female) digging in the top enclosure, and if you look carefully you can even see an egg there ;) Mimmi is in the center of the picture and the egg can be spotted just right to her ?

The cam :

Webcam1.jpg
Mimmi laying eggs :

Webcam2.jpg

Night vision :

Webcam3.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have had the idea for a long time to install an IP-cam so I can watch all of my Redfoots from remote.

So during the weekend I bought a motorized wifi cam and installed it in my "Red-room" :) It also has night vision (IR) and since it's motorized (360 + tilt), it actually covers the whole room; the two large indoor enclosures, three yearling enclosures, one baby enclosure and the incubator. But since the incubator is covered, I just have to figure out how to be able to look inside without turning any lights on or open it. Maybe it will be a separate cam...

My plan is to put the live stream on to my home page as well, but so far it's for my eyes only.

The second evening after I installed it, it was already pay back time, since I could see Mimmi (my best egg laying female) digging in the top enclosure, and if you look carefully you can even see an egg there ;) Mimmi is in the center of the picture and the egg can be spotted just right to her ?

The cam :

View attachment 158766
Mimmi laying eggs :

View attachment 158767

Night vision :

View attachment 158769
Nice. When you say watch it from remote, do you mean on your phone?

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
So cool...... we always joke about a Nanny Cam for our tort.... You actually did it! I think it is a great idea, especially if you have to travel or work long hours. Then, if you have somebody who can tort-sit, they will know when the food needs to be filled, water changed, etc..... Awesome!

GeorgeUK

United Kingdom
Hey :)
That's a great idea! We use similar cameras to keep an eye on our Grandma who has dementia. They are a god-send.
Thanks for sharing! I may have to invest in one like this for Lady Dorothy!