I hate craigslist!!!!/people

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
I think you guys need to understand English a little better. I change the oil in my truck regularly. How many of you think that that means daily?

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
Yes but when you list a diet and that's one of the first few things listed that would usually mean it's the most dominate part of the diet. At least to me it would. Most people list dominance first then go down from there. It's human nature

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
So you think that a diet of "pinkies, worms and veggies" is different than a diet of "veggies, worms and pinkies"?

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
yagyujubei said:
So you think that a diet of "pinkies, worms and veggies" is different than a diet of "veggies, worms and pinkies"?

yes is it was listed that way it says that the dominate food is veggies.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
like when i list my torts food i put spring mix usually then there forest tortoise food and mazuri, then their fruits then their worms. IMO its natural to list the dominate food/whatever your talking about first. i also learned that in my Psych class. its just how the brain functions. what is most important to you or is most used comes into mind first, so typically is listed first.

im not trying to sound rude or understate you thats just my feelings on the topic. to me those are to totally different diets

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: I hate craigslist!!!!/people

Blgreek08 said:
like when i list my torts food i put spring mix usually then there forest tortoise food and mazuri, then their fruits then their worms. IMO its natural to list the dominate food/whatever your talking about first. i also learned that in my Psych class. its just how the brain functions. what is most important to you or is most used comes into mind first, so typically is listed first.

im not trying to sound rude or understate you thats just my feelings on the topic. to me those are to totally different diets

Unless of course she fed the pinkie just that day, in which case pinkie would come to mind before veggies even if the veggies are predominant diet.

Bottom line is, making any conclusion based on the wording in the add is premature, and first comments were not justifiable. Diet could be just fine.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Or the diet could be out of balance.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I guess we are all just used to finding train wreck tortoise-turtle care on CL. LOL
Im trying to talk a guy out of a Sulcata in an aquarium. Poor guy can barely turn around, but guy wants $300.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Will said:
Love to eat them pinkies,
Pinkies' what I love to eat,
Bite they tiny heads off,
Chew they tiny feet.

Apologies to B. Kliban.

Will

Great. Now that'll be in my head every time pinky time comes around ;-)
It certainly rings true for baby boxies, that was quite the bloodbath...

Status
Not open for further replies.