I hate to mow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
New bucket list: Get to Dallas to see Tortadise and California to meet Yvonne and her wonder pets

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
DixieParadise said:
New bucket list: Get to Dallas to see Tortadise and California to meet Yvonne and her wonder pets

That's a great item for a bucket list! :)

May[TURTLE]
Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I wish my property could fly up into the air and go straight to Clovis and plop down, like Dorothy's house did. Block fence, sliding steel barriers, burrows and crazy tortoise happy landscape, and all. Then I could invited Yvonne for tea and sandwiches and a sight visit and I could adopt the little babies. Where is a strong Santa Ana wind gone haywire sideways when you need it? Sigh.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You hit upon one of my main wishes too. I'd love to have a block fence all around my property, with a footing that goes deep into the ground to keep out and in burrowers.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
So if my crazy wish to be flown in lock, stock and barrel happens, we touch ground by you. Or if I win MegaMillions, you get an all around block wall for your rescue! Deal. : )

E5150

5 Year Member
I use a weed eater for this reason, I don't want to whack any more snakes.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
E5150 said:
I use a weed eater for this reason, I don't want to whack any more snakes.

I am more afraid of using the weedwackers then my mower. Of course inside of tortoise and turtle enclosures I only use my hand help clippers. I have always had this fear of cutting a hatchling head off.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I'm with you! I would retire from mowing and would be obsessed with finding more. I'm sure if they are there, you will find them.
Desert torts are the ultimate!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I went out into the desert tortoise yard to give them some broccoli (I get trimmings from Costco) and I found one more:

10-04-13deserttortoises_zps276859cf.jpg

I found the first three 9/21, not quite two weeks under lights/heat/food, and look at the big difference in size. It was pretty cold last night. I was out this a.m. in my jacket and sweat pants...poor little baby!

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Yvonne G said:
I went out into the desert tortoise yard to give them some broccoli (I get trimmings from Costco) and I found one more:

10-04-13deserttortoises_zps276859cf.jpg

I found the first three 9/21, not quite two weeks under lights/heat/food, and look at the big difference in size. It was pretty cold last night. I was out this a.m. in my jacket and sweat pants...poor little baby!

Wow! Look at the wee little guy. Do you think he hatched at the same time and has been out there on his own all this time? If that doesn't show you the difference between wild and captivity living, I don't know what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.