Weed killer

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So I just found out the yard I have been bringing my tortoise to that I was told they use no weed killer whatsoever ever. I found out they spray the length of their gravel driveway to keep the weeds down so they don't have to mow over the gravel. I don't know how this stuff works, if I just keep him away from the affected area should I be okay in your guyses opinion. It's a pretty big yard, but I don't know how weed killer works and if it soaks into the ground how much of the surrounding area would be affected. I absolutely hate weed killer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Over spray, leaching through the soil, spreading during a rain…

I wouldn't take my tortoise anywhere near that area.

I hate all these toxic chemicals. Weed killers, insecticides, all of it. I realize that sometimes, somethings are necessary and beneficial, but I think most Americans are much to quick to use these poisons and much too cavalier about their use.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Over spray, leaching through the soil, spreading during a rain…

I wouldn't take my tortoise anywhere near that area.

I hate all these toxic chemicals. Weed killers, insecticides, all of it. I realize that sometimes, somethings are necessary and beneficial, but I think most Americans are much to quick to use these poisons and much too cavalier about their use.
Thats what I was afraid of. Yeah, I hate chemicals as well. Going to avoid that yard like the plague. Thank you.