I hope to see Comet .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nick and I called his mom in South Africa last night to chat to her, catch up and talk about our trip. I've mentioned before about Nick's awesome dogs, and specifically my favorite, the old man of the house Comet. His mom told us last night she is not too sure if he will make it until we're home.....this devastated us. He's the most beautiful dog, awesome nature, best guard dog, and my ultimate favorite. He has had a long, great life, I just hope he is okay till we get there. Is it selfish to want to see him before he goes to the big kennel in the sky? He's not in any pain at all - but the Vet said if he gets sick on the meds he gave him, it's his time.

Here's Comet :
Redwood26thOctober005.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Ohhh Stace
I am so sorry to hear about Comet :( No it is not selfish at all. I really hope you guys will make in on time to see the poor Comet. I am glad he had a happy life, I am sure he knows how much you all love him so when he leave, he will do it in peace.
I will pray for the old guy, please, if something happen, let us know.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sorry to hear Stace. I hope he hangs in for you.***HUGS***

sendie

10 Year Member!
Lake Jackson, TX
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you get to see him and say goodbye. He looks like he could tell some very interesting stories if he ever felt like it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry about Comet. Now you're really counting down the days until you can get home! I hope you get a chance to say good bye to Comet.

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Stace and Nick he looks like a beautiful dog my heart goes out to both of you. Hopefully you get to see him again. Our thoughts are with you.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Aw guys you make me cry - thanks Isa, Dee, Sendie, Yvonne & Candy - thanks all the wonderful thoughts, prayers and responses. We really really appreciate it.
I sure am counting the days even more now, I wouldn't want him to suffer - we'd understand if he had to go before we get home, but we hope and pray he hangs in till we're there, just to give him hugs and kisses and tell him it's okay.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Stace, It is always sad when a beloved pet goes but especially hard when we are away and unable to say our goodbyes in person. I am sending prayers He will wait for you, but know in your heart he knows you both love him. hugs.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks so much Robyn :) I've been through so much with our beloved Comet - I always sat with him after he had tumours removed, he wouldn't sleep right through the night, so I would sit up with him, as he would only sleep with his head on my lap. He is so precious - I know he'll be happier and more comfortable when he's in the big kennel in the sky. Just hope we can give him one last cuddle. Thanks again :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am going to think only positive thoughts and believe he will be greeting you at your home coming with a hard and fast wagging tail. Hopefully he senses that your coming back by the way excitement is building up at home and that encourages him to hold on and fight a little bit longer. *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.