I just noticed something

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Under the heading of Off Topic Chit Chat it says;

Anything Goes -- Post about your breakfast, your car troubles, or your new shoes.

So here is my car trouble story. My new car is about a year old now. It was a birthday gift from my brother. The clutch went out at 6,000 miles, now I knew something wasn’t quite right with the clutch in the beginning but at the time I was so busy I didn’t have the time to take it in. After the clutch went out I had it towed to the dealer. They call me in the afternoon to tell me it wasn’t covered under warranty, it was caused by driver error and it would cost $2.800.00 to repair.
I gave the service manager and sales manager H E double L on the phone, so the sales manager tells me if I’m not going to pay the $2,800.00 then come pick up the car. I told him I’ll come and take it off your lot and park it in front of your dealership and place a sign on each side with my cell number for prospective buyers to call and hear how my experience with this dealership went down. The sales manager hung up on me.

So that afternoon I called the car makers consumer affairs division, first thing the next morning I get a call from the service manager telling me my car would be ready that afternoon and it would be covered under warranty.
:cool:

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good news Rich :D I am glad you will not have to pay the 2,800$, it is not even your fault if it was broken!! Good thing you called the car makers consumer affairs.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I LOVE THAT SO MUCH RICH I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH! I'm sorry that you had to go through that even though your a lawyer it takes so much out of you mentally and emotionally. Glad to hear things worked out for you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, but its a good lesson for everyone else out there. If you notice something not quite right with your new vehicle, be sure to get it into the computer at the dealership so you have something to fall back on when it goes out.

Driver error, indeed! Even if you rode the clutch for every one of those 6000 miles, you wouldn't have caused it to fail that soon.

Yvonne

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Candy said:
I LOVE THAT SO MUCH RICH I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH! I'm sorry that you had to go through that even though your a lawyer it takes so much out of you mentally and emotionally. Glad to hear things worked out for you.

It didn't take anything out of him.. he thrives on that - I assure you! He loves "mixing-it-up".. look at his threads!

NERD

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
It's a good thing they didn't try to sell you a new rotary-girder or a muffler bearing :D

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Yes, but its a good lesson for everyone else out there. If you notice something not quite right with your new vehicle, be sure to get it into the computer at the dealership so you have something to fall back on when it goes out.

Driver error, indeed! Even if you rode the clutch for every one of those 6000 miles, you wouldn't have caused it to fail that soon.

Yvonne

Very true.

The dealerships are facing hard times, imagine how many people who would have paid to get their car fixed and out of the shop. Not this one, it tickled me. :cool:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Redfoot NERD said:
Candy said:

It didn't take anything out of him.. he thrives on that - I assure you! He loves "mixing-it-up".. look at his threads!

NERD

I myself absolutely love his threads. He "mixes it up" very well. And lawyer or not he's still human lets not forget that.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Candy said:
Redfoot NERD said:
Candy said:

NERD

I myself absolutely love his threads. He "mixes it up" very well. And lawyer or not he's still human lets not forget that.

Thanks Candy, what he said didn’t bother me in the least. I’ll go up against him in a legal debate anytime and mop the floor with him in a heartbeat. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.