I May Keep Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here are a some pics of the redfooted tortoise I picked up Tuesday, I haven't kept a redfoot for going on 40 years, but this guy is so personable and vocal I am beginning to have different thoughts about about him,I remember the first time I heard one cluck like a chicken,knowing I had gotten rid of all my chickens at the time,it only took a walk to the tortoise pen full of a mix of imported torts to figure out where the sound came from, a male redfoot had mounted a female redfoot and was singing for joy,something you don't forget, This guy hasn't clucked yet but he makes a lot of different sounds that brought back memories from years ago.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice looking RF. I think you should keep him. Just think, every day, you can relive those great memories, with sound effect:)

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
He's so smooth! I wouldn't be able to get rid of him. He's a handsome devil.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Looks like he's getting ready to 'cluck' on the rabbit statue. I love the RedFoots! He looks so smooth and thick, bet he's heavy. Hey what's one more right?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
OK he is staying with us, I was sorta convinced a couple of days ago just not 100%, but going to give it a go, he is really a neat Fella,The reason I wasn't 100% sure is winter housing, it"s getting a little tight here at the beach, but I think I can work it out, If an emergency comes up and I have to bring Walker in for a few days because of a real bad snow storm or a prolonged power outage, etc, I can house the yellow foots with him,I have the yellow foots in Walkers emergency enclosure which would normally be empty unless he had to come inside for some unforeseen reason. I know it will work out, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.