Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
....and we both came out of it without a scratch! :D

Actually I bought this little cutie from him:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/clemmysman/DBT/aFemaleCarapace.jpg

Jeff and I were going past Terry's area and he offered to bring her to the local truckstop. Now normally, when you buy an animal from somebody, you get the animal period. Terry was so very sweet, he fixed her a plastic tub with air holes. That's not all! He gave me a pail to feed her in, a gallon jug of water for her, and a nice supply of pellets. Everything I need to keep her happy. :)

You would think that was enough, right? Ummm did I mention the weather? When we first made the plans, Terry checked on the weather forecast for his area and then let me know of bad weather coming. Jeff and I kept at the front edge of the winter storm, as we traveled across from Arizona, near the MExican border. We got to the meet spot a little early, so we decided to fuel up and shower...which then made us late. Terry patiently waited for us out in the parking lot. When we arrived, there was no snow, but by the time Terry was to meet us, it was snowing and it kept snowing. Yet Terry did not cancel. He risked horrible road conditions to bring us our little girl.:) Can you tell how impressed I was?

Terry once more, a big thank you!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
How pretty!!!!!! Congrats on your new addition! What nice service...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just wish we could have been bringing you a little something red....

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What striking coloring! :D

Terry once had a thread with really unusual (Egyptian??) turtles that had markings that looked like hieroglyphics--your little one looks kind of like that. :p

What kind of turtle is (s)he? :cool:

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww congrats on your new baby :)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Jacqui said:
....and we both came out of it without a scratch! :D

Actually I bought this little cutie from him:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/clemmysman/DBT/aFemaleCarapace.jpg

Jeff and I were going past Terry's area and he offered to bring her to the local truckstop. Now normally, when you buy an animal from somebody, you get the animal period. Terry was so very sweet, he fixed her a plastic tub with air holes. That's not all! He gave me a pail to feed her in, a gallon jug of water for her, and a nice supply of pellets. Everything I need to keep her happy. :)

You would think that was enough, right? Ummm did I mention the weather? When we first made the plans, Terry checked on the weather forecast for his area and then let me know of bad weather coming. Jeff and I kept at the front edge of the winter storm, as we traveled across from Arizona, near the MExican border. We got to the meet spot a little early, so we decided to fuel up and shower...which then made us late. Terry patiently waited for us out in the parking lot. When we arrived, there was no snow, but by the time Terry was to meet us, it was snowing and it kept snowing. Yet Terry did not cancel. He risked horrible road conditions to bring us our little girl.:) Can you tell how impressed I was?

Terry once more, a big thank you!

She always manages to put me on the spot.

You are very welcome Jacqui! I'm glad you appreciated the service.

Yeah it was too bad the weather dumped on us like it did/has. The temps were in the high 20's which made the snow wet and it froze on the roads and made them treacherous. We were doing 15 mph on the main roads thru town!!!

It was good meeting you and Jeff.. and look forward to meeting again and visiting more.

Even tho' I appreciate the kind words.. how do you like your little Diamondback Terrapin.. that's what I want to know?

NERD

Stephanie Logan said:
What striking coloring! :D

Terry once had a thread with really unusual (Egyptian??) turtles that had markings that looked like hieroglyphics--your little one looks kind of like that. :p

What kind of turtle is (s)he? :cool:

You remembered Stephanie.. it was these - the largest one - http://www.turtletary.com/specials.htm

NERD

M

Maggie Cummings

Jacqui...I had 2 DBT and they are the greatest turtles ever. This is Beauty...I also had Groucho but after Beauty died I sent Groucho to live in Yvonne's pond. They are just beautiful turtles...
How nice that you got to meet Terry. I hope to meet him myself one day. I'm interested in how you took care of that baby in the truck? How long were you on the road if you don't mind me asking?

az87td.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
Jacqui...I had 2 DBT and they are the greatest turtles ever. This is Beauty...I also had Groucho but after Beauty died I sent Groucho to live in Yvonne's pond. They are just beautiful turtles...
How nice that you got to meet Terry. I hope to meet him myself one day. I'm interested in how you took care of that baby in the truck? How long were you on the road if you don't mind me asking?

I had three that had been hatched from eggs taken by some guy from roadkill females and incubated. A dozen had been set to my friend to headstart and she split them between three of us. They were each so different from each other, yet beautiful. Once they were a couple of years old, they went back. Since then, I had wanted to try them again.

Maggie, I just got her yesterday and haven't even had her a say yet. ;)

Terry I think she is simply beautiful. Very friendly and outgoing. I am looking forward to feeding her for the first time in a couple of hours (once the sun comes up :p). She of course thought I should have fed her already from how she was acting.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yeah Jacqui - me too! Darn parental responsibilities keepin' me away from the fun! LOL

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Jacqui part of getting any of my "babies" is keeping us 'updated' on how they are doing.

That system I have been able to set-up has really made a difference in how they all have grown from hatchlings. Let's see how she looks.. please?

Terry K
......... wave as you go by........
36_2_531.gif

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I myself think this sounds just like how Terry would be in person. You know that Tennessee hospitality. :D Too bad you didn't get to meet his wife too. Your turtle is very beautiful. Congratulations and have a safe trip back. :)

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Thanks Candy..

My wife is originally from Missouri and I'm from Ohio.. and we try to 'do business' by the "golden rule".. not 'gold rules'. [ move to the small-town south and get a real taste of Tennessee hospitality ].

Terry K

evabug1

5 Year Member
Wow, that's a beautiful turtle. Congratulations on your new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.