I need some help

XODARRIN

Location (City and/or State)
Colton California
So my young sulcata tortoise is only a year and a couple months. I have never seen him eat nor have I gotten him to eat from hand. I had bought him off of a person when he was a year, that was 3 months ago. Any tips on how to ensure that my tortoise is eating?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
That’s not good... tell us about his setup, lighting, temps...etc... you need to keep him really warm to stimulate that appetite and give several warm water soaks daily...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So my young sulcata tortoise is only a year and a couple months. I have never seen him eat nor have I gotten him to eat from hand. I had bought him off of a person when he was a year, that was 3 months ago. Any tips on how to ensure that my tortoise is eating?

Never ever seen it eat? Is it in an enclosure in your house, or outside roaming the back garden. A one year old Sully should be eating a ton of food daily, and being soaked, & enjoying a handful or two of Mazuri tort chow every few days too. Fresh cactus pads & cactus fruit & hibiscus flowers & grass & grape leaves.....

Some pix of your tort & its set up will help us help you!