I think a twig is lodged in my tortoise's throat!

Location (City and/or State)
California
I have a 5 year old Sulcata whom I fear that a twig is stuck in her throat. Her throat keeps moving alot and she is making wheezing/breathing noises. I do not know how to take the stuck twig out of her throat. I have tried to open her mouth but she resists and puts her head back. I do not know what I should do or if it would go down somehow, I worry she is at risk!

California
I actually don't know if is a twig or not because I tried to feel like a little bump on the side of her throat and I don't know whether I it is normal and just a part of her or if it is a twig or something stuck

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Get her favorite all time food. I don't care if it's a piece of fruit. Hand feed it to her, but hold it up high up over her head so she has to reach way up for it. They will reach, usually with their mouth wide open. Then you should be able to see a good way in. Have a flash light ready so you can see good. You will have to look quick, so you might want someone to help you with the feeding while you look in
@Yvonne G might have more ideas.
A picture might help us or if you can post a video. A video has to be upload first onto a site like YouTube first and then shared here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Her throat keeps moving alot and she is making wheezing/breathing noises.
This sounds more like the start of a respiratory infection.

Is the tortoise still eating? If there was a twig stuck, it would get pushed out of the way by the first swallow of food.

What size tortoise? Where is it being housed? Indoors or out? What sort of shelter? What sort of heating?

Where in CA are you? Very different advice for Blythe, vs. Big Bear. What is the over night low temp where you are?