• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I think my take on this whole issue is mostly transparency and species. I am not a rescue and we really don't seem to have much of one here in Omaha, so this is largely theoretical on my part.

If I am looking to give away an animal, I would like to know the taker's policies and opinions, and that they will hold to them. Could they resell my donated animal for profit? In theory, of course they could, and if it helps them operate, I personally really don't have a problem with that, but I would like to know this up front- openly and honestly.

Will they breed it? If it is a popular and appropriate species for the area (Deserts, Sulcata, and possibly Leopards would not be my recommendation for Omaha), or if it is a rarer species in trouble in the wild, then I don't see a problem here either- whether they sell or give away the offspring- as long as I know this up front- openly and honestly.

I WOULD have a problem with an operation that took animals in for free in the back, and sold them out the front while the donors think they are being taken care of for life, and other situations like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.