Ibera Greek rotten shell? HELP

Location (City and/or State)
Boise ID
So my Ibera Greek tortoise is about 1. I noticed on the bottom of his shell he was some brown patches. I am kind of panicking is this healthy. Should I take him to the exotic pet doc?

Attachments

• 0A6F2A0C-A789-4E4B-A45D-80609EFAC3F3.jpeg
    0A6F2A0C-A789-4E4B-A45D-80609EFAC3F3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No vet is needed. If his top layer of substrate is wet then let it dry out and wet the bottom layers by pouring warm water in the corners so it dampens the underneath substrate and not the top.
Get some OTC antifungal cream like aold for athletes foot and put it on the spots daily until gone.

Boise ID
No vet is needed. If his top layer of substrate is wet then let it dry out and wet the bottom layers by pouring warm water in the corners so it dampens the underneath substrate and not the top.
Get some OTC antifungal cream like aold for athletes foot and put it on the spots daily until gone.
Thank you I’m so relieved. I got the reptifogger from tortoise town so should I not use that.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wouldn't use a fogger. The best is to just wet the under layers as stated. With proper temps and damp underneath, it should keep him healthy and humidity up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What cream?
Anti fungal (Athletes foot) cream is for shell fungus issues.
I don't see any fungus.
I suggested putting it on the two brown spots on the bottom of the shell incase it was fungus as they hadn't noticed it before.
Treating it incase would not hurt seeing they don't really know I take it if its always been there and it doesn't look like normal brown spots too me.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I suggested putting it on the two brown spots on the bottom of the shell incase it was fungus as they hadn't noticed it before.
Treating it incase would not hurt seeing they don't really know I take it if its always been there and it doesn't look like normal brown spots too me.
I've got to stay off the forum without my glasses

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well then what are those spots there growing bigger and there soft and a tad bit of blood.
I see them zoomed in. The rest of the plastron also seems strangely translucent.
I've seen a lot of shell fungus. But never had blood associated with it. And softness should only be in those two areas.
If it is fungal, the athletes foot cream will kill it very quickly.
If it's a microbial issue, it won't be affected by the cream and will continue. If that happens, I'd see a veterinarian.

Boise ID
I see them zoomed in. The rest of the plastron also seems strangely translucent.
I've seen a lot of shell fungus. But never had blood associated with it. And softness should only be in those two areas.
If it is fungal, the athletes foot cream will kill it very quickly.
If it's a microbial issue, it won't be affected by the cream and will continue. If that happens, I'd see a veterinarian.
Okay thank you. He seems healthy he is active and eats. The translucent part may be because he’s only 1 and still growing. I hope it’s because he is a baby.