Ideas for humidity?

jrtort

Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Florida
Looking for some ideas to keep a higher humidity for my 1 year old redfoots when "winter" comes. We live in Tampa FL and the tortoises are kept outside most of the time (protected), but soon our humidity will decrease to low for them. I'm looking for easier ideas other than spritzing the enclosure or having a mister on all the time. We will probably keep them outside in the winter with heat (when needed). Thank you

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
tom usually doesn't reccommend humidifiers but it's not terrible if you don't have it on 24/7
i spray the substrate under my basking spot and add every a few times a week to boost humidity.
if you have a closed chamber, you'd have no problem regarding humidity.
closed chambers are especially great for redfoots

Huntington Beach California
tom usually doesn't reccommend humidifiers but it's not terrible if you don't have it on 24/7
i spray the substrate under my basking spot and add every a few times a week to boost humidity.
if you have a closed chamber, you'd have no problem regarding humidity.
closed chambers are especially great for redfoots
I have my sick sulcata inside now, just try to keep it more humid inside. Works pretty good I think. But I’m still learning... yeah it’s probably easier in closed chambers that’s for sure

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
High tech....
A hose with a sprinkler attached to it
It's pretty much what I use. But my hose is some PVC pipe and the sprinkler head are stubby spray nozzles mounted above the enclosure.
As long as the daytime temps are warm, one good 10 minute sprinkler rain per day makes the ground wet enough to give off lots of humidity from evaporation.
On the few days that they must come indoors, that short period of time humidity wont matter