Idk what happened to my red eared slider?

royal kareem

Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
My Red Eared Slider, 11 months old have Respiratory Infection that affected her nose part and not her lung (per vet says, I have x-ray too). She's consuming her pills and medicine nicely (up to 7 August). However, 3 days after finishing her medicine (10th August) she doesn't eat anymore?

I thought it was because I overfed her, so I wasn't as panicky. However, I also started to notice her starting a new behavior (since 9th August) which is Lazy swimming?? So, like, floating but not lopsided and can still dive, sometimes even swimming excitedly. By 13th August I don't see any droppings anymore. So she doesn't eat, doesn't poop, lazy swimming, but still rather reactive.

Turning up the heater doesn't seem to do anything, instead it stresses her out. And now I sees this white thingy on her face and right arm. I suspected it was fungal infection-? There's a bit of red on the face, but not on the arm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230816_161341_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_161341_Gallery.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SmartSelect_20230816_161404_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230816_161404_Gallery.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230816_161425_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230816_161425_Gallery.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What exact "pills and medicine" was she or is she still being given?

royal kareem

Indonesia
What exact "pills and medicine" was she or is she still being given?
Antibiotic and pill for the flu. No longer given since 7th August before all off these "not eating, floating, and infection" started going.

The vet says the pills shouldn't have any side effect asside from sleepiness when given. But all of these stuff I mentioned started to appear afterwards

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Yes, @Markw84 or @Yvonne G are good turtle people and I believe also @zovick . Can you say if the vet is a regular pet vet or a real reptile vet? And the exact name of the medication?

royal kareem

Indonesia
Yes, @Markw84 or @Yvonne G are good turtle people and I believe also @zovick . Can you say if the vet is a regular pet vet or a real reptile vet? And the exact name of the medication?
At first it was regular. I just got to the vet for reptile. The vet says she has a lot of internal problem. Probably liver. She's quite swollen apparently