Ilene is eating again

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Just got back from her first vet appt. The vets both said she looks great, and that i can give an injectable antibiotic for the next week. it is Sub Q which is super easy. Yay!
Excellent news :) Well done!

And well done Ilene too :)

When I had to inject Joe he used to try to walk on 3 legs every time he thought I was watching. It was very funny to watch. :D He soon forgot once the torture period was over.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
the vet gave her the first injections so i could see, and it is so much easier than the IM injections. I can totally give sub Q. But in any Case, i am Sure Ilene hates me bc every time she gets picked up she gets tortmented with some type of treatment.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Joe was exactly the same. We had a pretty bad few months with him. He had an URI. Then he followed that up with excessive testosterone levels that led him stop eating and drinking and he got repeated liver infections. A hormone implant was required in the end.

He did forget once he was well and the torture stopped.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
the vet gave her the first injections so i could see, and it is so much easier than the IM injections. I can totally give sub Q. But in any Case, i am Sure Ilene hates me bc every time she gets picked up she gets tortmented with some type of treatment.
So happy to be getting tid bits of good news from you today

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Joe was exactly the same. We had a pretty bad few months with him. He had an URI. Then he followed that up with excessive testosterone levels that led him stop eating and drinking and he got repeated liver infections. A hormone implant was required in the end.

He did forget once he was well and the torture stopped.
Hormone implant? Never heard of one for torts

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Just got back from her first vet appt. The vets both said she looks great, and that i can give an injectable antibiotic for the next week. it is Sub Q which is super easy. Yay!
Great news!! Thank you for the update.