I'm alive.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Hello everyone :) Just popping on to say Hi as Tyler said someone had been looking for me?! Not sure who and i don't fancy trawling through your 1000's of posts in pretend chat to find it! :p

I'm still alive and well, and now 21! which makes me a legal adult. Scary thought, huh?

Haven't been on much as life is crazy. Just got back from my first instructor course. Am working 4 days a week, at the moment. (thats currently whilst we only have kids on a thurs and fri, so it'll more than likely transform into more days when the sun shows its face! and we now have 6 horses at work, which i'm helping train. Plus i've been working with our wild exmoor when i can get down there!)
Then have got my own horses to sort out and work with. As well as teach assisting with my instructor and helping her out where i can organizing pony days and demos etc.
busy, busy, busy.... so in my spare time i'm normally out and about chilling with friends (or catching up on sleep!)

Squirt is still alive and well. She's got a bit bigger too :) She's a special little girl and my mum has literally stolen her from me. When i was away for the week she was texting me all the time about having her out in the living room stretching her legs and soaking her. That tortoise gets 5* treatment!!

Oh and i went and got tattooed the other day. :) wel and the other week :) Maybe 3 times. Gosh it's addictive. Got 2 on my wrist and one on my leg.
and i'm determined to have a tortoise one and got a few more ideas for some!!

All of these ones hold a lot of meaning. More than people realize. It's very very personal to me why i got them done. I've already had some idiots have a go at me for having name tattoos. They are my horses names though! I lovelovelovelove my tattoos and for anyone who says i'll regret it they are veryvery wrong.

My pawprints are also personal. Theres a paw print for each puppy in my life. Pudding my current dog, Millie (my mums dog whos taught me a lot! even though we don't get along at all!!), Ellie and Brindle. My two old dogs who passed away a few years ago. I grew up with bridle (He was 16 when he died and i was 18/19ish. Ellie was a rescue and i chose her when i was a kid. She was the first dog i ever trained!)

my wrists (the berry one is slightly swollen in this picture! Hence it looking slightly odd to the Jimbo one!)
DSC_0042.jpg

my leg (theres 4 pawprints but only 3 pictured!)
DSC_0053-2.jpg

Nothing else really to update on.

Hope your all well :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi, welcome back. I am not the one that has been looking for you, although I had wondered what had happen. Anyway, the best tattoos to get are the ones that have meaning, so no, I don't think you will ever regret them. Oh, ya, CONGRATS on turning 21.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was the Birthday Fairy who was wondering where you were. She saw that your birthday was coming up (past now) and wondered why you hadn't been posting.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*shakes head in disgust* Boy she has time to get tats, but not to spend with us.... :p :D Seriously, real life comes first and sounds like your having fun living yours. Do miss ya. ;)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
All i can say about tatts.. is think about future jobs.. and if they would be offensive to people or employeers.. get them in a spot where they are easy to hide in case there are 'rules' for such things.. I think its great they have so much meaning..

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Laura said:
All i can say about tatts.. is think about future jobs.. and if they would be offensive to people or employeers.. get them in a spot where they are easy to hide in case there are 'rules' for such things.. I think its great they have so much meaning..

My current Job is with children who are on the austism spectrum. It's equine assisted learning and therapy. My boss is really cool with tattoos, she encouraged me to go for what i wanted :)
Then i am training to be a riding instructor. As long as i am good with my horsemanship it doesn't matter what i look like in my opinion. (and a lot of other peoples)

So i'm quite lucky in I don't have to worry about future employers or anything :)

Thanks everyone. Jacqui I have missed you guys too. Its been weird not logging into here for a few hours to chat. I've just not had a few hours to spare and when I have they've been with friends or family :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I like your tats. I think they should mean something and enjoyed hearing what yours mean. So in the UK do you have to be 21 to be an adult. Here it is 18 and I think that is crazy. My son will be 18 in two months and I am freaking out. 21 is good :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Nice to hear from you! Sounds like your really enjoyed your training.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Steph, I was looking for you. After all that hard work for the secret santa, one person,(that I know of for sure) never got anything. I had happened to be their secret santa and felt so bad I had picked up a small gift so they would not feel left out. Problem was I tossed the box the gift came in and could not find that person's address. I thought I PM'd you for it but you must've been getting your tats!! (Love'm also)
Also I just read one of the coolest books, it was a true story about a boy with autisum and his father helping him with horses. I believe the name is Horse boy, but if your interested and can't find it PM me.
And I guess my little SS makeup is alittle late, but if you get a chance PM me about that also.
Welcome back.
Nay

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Is there any significance to the placement, any reason why you got them where you did?

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Nay, I never got a Pm?!
The horse boy does a think called Horse boy Camps. We run them at our centre :D

Jaizei. When Jimbo nearly died the first hand to touch him was my left hand. The vets said as soon as i arrived he perked up and thats what helped him survive. Hence him being on my left wrist. So I can look down and find Strength when i think there is none.

Berry went on my right as whenever i lead her she puts herself to my right. :) When i lead them both together Berry is always on my right. It made sense for it to work out the way it did.

The paw prints are round my leg because i plan on adding more tattoos to that leg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.