I'm Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello fellow tort parents:D I am finally feeling up to posting on the internet after my double eye surgery that I had just one week ago today. I am also back to work..UUGGGHH! I had Strabismus in both eyes. I just wanted to pop in and say hello and let all of my fellow tort firends know that I am still kickin!:p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Glad to have you back! I usually start wondering about folks at about a couple weeks...so you slide in under the "hey what happen to..." thread...:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome back!! Glad your your surgery went well. I have no idea what Strabismus is?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Glad to have you back. Double eye surgery doesn't sound like fun. But if you're back at work, then it must have turned out ok.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Double, huh? sounds like that would be a royal pain. Glad your back.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Momof4 said:
Welcome back!! Glad your your surgery went well. I have no idea what Strabismus is?

Wow! Thanks everyone:D Strabismus is basically having certain muscles in your eyes moved and reconnected. Thankfully, I was totally out during the surgery. My eyes are not 100% back, still sore and really red, but each day is a bit better for me.:cool:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
From your eye muscle issue do you have amblyopia? I have it because I had a weaker eye and they didn't catch it. One good thing to know is that if you end up with scaring around your eyes insurance will cover reconstructive surgery to have them removed. I have had four eye surgeries. I had to have muscles reconnected in two of the surgeries and I ended up with bad scarring after my first surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.