I'm New

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanyz78

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi I'm new. I live in the UK and have recently got a tortoise via a friend of a friend. Can anyone tell me what she is please and also any tips on how to care for her would be great :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. We have a lot of UK members. I' m not real good at ID-ing some torts, but I think you have a hermanns if the pic in your avatar is the tort you are talking about. See what others say.

zanyz78

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and thanks for your welcome and response. Yes that is what a couple of other people have said but only 3 people have responded to my posts and yes my one is the one in my avatar. What sort of environment should she live in? Should it be in the garden or in a vivarium, I've had so much conflicting information. Thanks for your help.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Had you been wanting a tortoise or was this an unplanned for event?

zanyz78

5 Year Member
UK
I've always wanted a tortoise I was so happy when i was offered her, I love her so much already :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO, feel free to.search the forum for care instructions and the hermanns page particularly. Where they are housed best depends much on what you are able to offer them I'm of the opinion that most torts do better outside if it can be a safe option. But a hermanns can be very happy on a tortoise table inside as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.