Inactive Russisn

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkenn

5 Year Member
Hello I have has my Russian for approx 3 weeks now and he does not seem to be that active. He will come out of his cave at approx 1030 in the morning, bathe then eat bathe some more and return to the cave about 1300. He is eating fine and I am bathing him 2-3 times a week. The light is on a timer from 1000-2200 and I turn the heat bulb up and down around these times respectively. He is Kept in doors in a 3ft vivarium. Any suggestions or is this just normal behaviour. I am from the uk and therefore it is winter here is it his biological clock slowing him down in winter months? Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Hi Adamkenn. Welcome to TFO.
I'm not an expert, having had my 2 Russians for just over a year, but as near as I can tell this is "Normal" procedure for them. BTW, mine are both adults.
Good Luck.

minvikfan11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vinton, Virginia
Utah Lynn said:
Hi Adamkenn. Welcome to TFO.
I'm not an expert, having had my 2 Russians for just over a year, but as near as I can tell this is "Normal" procedure for them. BTW, mine are both adults.
Good Luck.

Mine has slowed down as well. She would get to the point where sometimes she would not eat for a day and not even come out from her hiding spot. But, for about the past four days when I go to turn on her lights I also pull her out of her hiding spot and place her under the lights. For 4 straight days she has been a little more active and eaten every bit of her food. I think mine just needed help getting her butt out of bed lol. She also becomes more active when she gets to walk around the house. But yes I think it is normal for them to slow down a bit

adamkenn

5 Year Member
88 during the day and 75 of a night, I have not had him out and wandering around house yet I might try that out tomorrow thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.