incubation gone bad

tarta4ever

10 Year Member!
Hi guys my red foot layd 9 eggs between december and February but non have them was good, can you give me some advice?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How big/old are the male and female? It actually hasn't been long enough yet for them to have hatched. Have you candled them? Do they look clear? rotten?

tarta4ever

10 Year Member!
i don t have the precise mesure this is the second time that i found eggs in the enclouse, the first time was december 2016 they look like freshly layd 0 chalking

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Depending upon the temperature in the incubator, it can take for 3 to 6 months for them to hatch. I had YF eggs hatch after 6 months that were smelly and black, yet they hatched out 3 very nice YF babies. I never toss eggs until/unless I'm absolutely sure they're not good. Have you tried candling them?

tarta4ever

10 Year Member!
i ll try tomorrow i ll keep you updated thanks for the advice

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Almost all RFs I have incubated take right at 125 days. My early Nov. 17 are just now hatching. One time had one 170 days from laid to out of egg.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
RF eggs are hard to candle. They have a thick white membrane under the hard shell that makes candling very difficult. I wouldn’t look for hatching until April or May. 4 mos. gestation