Indoor plant enclosure question

Tortellini0000

Location (City and/or State)
Vancouver bc
Sorry if this has been asked before.. but what is the best way to allow plants into enclosure when bought from a plant nursery. Do you switch out the soil and wait- how long or do you propagate and replant in organic soil and wait even longer? TIA

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I’ve read folks tend to wash off the roots, replant in your own soil and wait to to 6 months to introduce them, but stick around and see what people suggest, I’ve personally always gone with plants from a tortoise website so not had to do this process, it might take less than I think🙂

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Remove from soil wash roots with water replant in safe dirt.
If you are putting them where the tortoise can't reach them,for shade purpose, you can use them right away. If you are using them at tortoise height or for food, then you have to wait.

Tortellini0000

Vancouver bc
I’ve read folks tend to wash off the roots, replant in your own soil and wait to to 6 months to introduce them, but stick around and see what people suggest, I’ve personally always gone with plants from a tortoise website so not had to do this process, it might take less than I think🙂
I didn’t even think of a tortoise website. Wonder if I can find something in Canada. Thank you!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I didn’t even think of a tortoise website. Wonder if I can find something in Canada. Thank you!
You can look for plants suitable for other animals. "Tortoise" websites are rare, more chances to find something for amphibians, lizards, water turtles, terrariums in general or small pets (like rodents or rabbits).