Reporting plants

Jnatt026

Location (City and/or State)
VA
I bought plants from Home Depot for my enclosure. If I rinse the roots and replant in a pot with organic topsoil can I plant the pot in the enclosure right away or do I need to wait 6 months.

Jnatt026

VA
I bought plants from Home Depot for my enclosure. If I rinse the roots and replant in a pot with organic topsoil can I plant the pot in the enclosure right away or do I need to wait 6 months.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I thought you were going to call the cops on the plants...

You need to wait at least one year and then only feed out the new growth. They are grown with systemic pesticides that are taken up by the plant's roots and assimilated into the plant's tissues. Repotting, and rinsing the roots, does nothing. Neither does reporting them.

Jnatt026

VA
I thought you were going to call the cops on the plants...

You need to wait at least one year and then only feed out the new growth. They are grown with systemic pesticides that are taken up by the plant's roots and assimilated into the plant's tissues. Repotting, and rinsing the roots, does nothing. Neither does reporting them.

Do you know where I can buy plants to add to the enclosure right away?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Do you know where I can buy plants to add to the enclosure right away?
Try craigslist and get then from private owners and ask a few questions. A lot of people don't use pesticides or commercial fertilizers. Especially if someone is selling babies from their Spider Plants

AgataP

Seattle, WA

What I did today I went to an off leash dog park where there are weeds growing by the yard.
I used “Seek” app and I used the U.K. site and found tort friendly plants.
I found a secluded area where not many dogs run - on top of it park is mostly empty due to Covid. But anyways. Yes there isdog pee which I will wash etc. but I took out plants with roots, collected seeds, brought them home. Since the dogs graze on all of the stuff park does not use anything, nothing gets sprayed, watered etc.
I got the plants to grow new young ones for the winter and next year.
I am starting my own catalog of plants for Sulcatas ....

Where do you live ??