Inkbird ITC-608T

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Angleton
Anyone use the inkbird ITC-608T?

How accurate are they?
I have 3 digital temp/humidity, one on each end of the enclosure (flukers)
And one in the center (therm pro)

Now I got the inkbird 608 with temp and humidity probs. They are set in center of the enclosure , problem is how do I know what reading are true?

I understand from one side to the other they will be diff. The inkbird and therm pro are center and reading diff. I'm inclined to trust the inkbird being it's not a cheap thermometer from walmart like the therm pro.

Anyone have any experience or input on which would read more accurately.

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Angleton
Also have a kestrel hand held weather meter inhave set in the center of the enclosure and still diff reading so total of 3 diff meters and 3 diff readings.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I use ink bird thermostats, I am not sure which one you have but my pid keeps the incubator at a constant temp and the other ones, 1000, only carries 2 degrees. You can also calibrate the temp mode. Mine are really accurate, as far as I know.

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Angleton
I use ink bird thermostats, I am not sure which one you have but my pid keeps the incubator at a constant temp and the other ones, 1000, only carries 2 degrees. You can also calibrate the temp mode. Mine are really accurate, as far as I know.

Yes I'm just not sure which one has the correct readings. The inkbird can be calibrated. Screenshot_20181112-084835_eBay.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
When I get thermometers or thermostats, I put several of them together on my desktop and let them sit for a day. I compare the readings to see how they all match. The relatively inexpensive digital ones most of us use - Oregon scientific, Acu Rite, Inkbird, Ambient, thermopro, etc, are usually all within 1.5° of true. Look at all your reading while they are all together and see what is the median reading (not average). I then write with a sharpie or put a stickie on the thermometer the adjustment to true. IF it has a calibration, i adjust. I have found most thermostats have been quite accurate and not needing adjusting more than 0.5°

I also use many more accurate SensorPush and find they are normally all within 0.2° of each other. So, I now use a few of those to compare others with.

But, I am quite anal. Keep in mind being 1° off in an enclosure will not be an issue at all for what we are trying to do. IF your enclosure is really 81° and your thermometer reads 82° it is not a problem. If you are doing TSD studies, that would be a different thing!!

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Angleton
When I get thermometers or thermostats, I put several of them together on my desktop and let them sit for a day. I compare the readings to see how they all match. The relatively inexpensive digital ones most of us use - Oregon scientific, Acu Rite, Inkbird, Ambient, thermopro, etc, are usually all within 1.5° of true. Look at all your reading while they are all together and see what is the median reading (not average). I then write with a sharpie or put a stickie on the thermometer the adjustment to true. IF it has a calibration, i adjust. I have found most thermostats have been quite accurate and not needing adjusting more than 0.5°

I also use many more accurate SensorPush and find they are normally all within 0.2° of each other. So, I now use a few of those to compare others with.

But, I am quite anal. Keep in mind being 1° off in an enclosure will not be an issue at all for what we are trying to do. IF your enclosure is really 81° and your thermometer reads 82° it is not a problem. If you are doing TSD studies, that would be a different thing!!

Thanks