Insect Controll

Jesika

Location (City and/or State)
Cumming, Georgia
So living in Georgia is a pain in the spring time. These little ants started invading my house and I want to spray indoor home defense around my windows and around the perimeter of each room. The only thing I worry about is that I have my tortoises on the floor in their enclosures. Will the fumes from the spray bother them or should I be fine. It's called Spectracide Bug Stop Home Barrier. I've started to see the little aunts in their enclosures as well so I would really like to get rid of them. Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I spray my whole house and my yard. As long as the tortoises aren't going to be in the yard.
I spray every room, including the room with my incubator and baby tortoises.
I would not spray inside the actual enclosures, but spraying nearby with a pump sprayer (no fumigation. No bug bombs) is 100% needed in a tropical climate. Especially with our fire ants, etc.
Things like Diatomaceous earth dont work in our humidity.
There was a post like this a year or so ago and it got heated.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I use Spectracide Bug Stop in my house. It doesn't have a bad odor like most ant poisons. My tort doesn't live inside so it doesn't affect him.

Jesika

Cumming, Georgia
I spray my whole house and my yard. As long as the tortoises aren't going to be in the yard.
I spray every room, including the room with my incubator and baby tortoises.
I would not spray inside the actual enclosures, but spraying nearby with a pump sprayer (no fumigation. No bug bombs) is 100% needed in a tropical climate. Especially with our fire ants, etc.
Things like Diatomaceous earth dont work in our humidity.
There was a post like this a year or so ago and it got heated.

Awesome thank you so much, I just didn't know if the smell would bother them.