Insulating night box top?

Rex1718

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SC
Just curious, can I screw the sheet installation to the roof of my night box. Or do I need to sandwich it between two pieces of plywood. I’ve never messed with the sheet installation, don’t know if it will deteriorate and fall into the night box. Just didn’t want to ad the weight of another piece of plywood if I didn’t have to.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
How big is the box ? If you are using the foil backed insulation it shouldn't deteriorate. You can us spray glue to secure it to the roof.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sheet insulation like the hard pink foam stuff, or the type Len described? Either way, you can use large washers with your screws or bolts. Good-sized washers 1” in diameter (or larger) really work well at supporting “soft” things like installation.

Good luck & happy building

The large pink styrofoam type insulation boards are very rigid & won’t deteriorate (especially when not exposed to direct sunlight, rain, wind...etc). On the inside (roof) will be safe.

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
Sheet insulation like the hard pink foam stuff, or the type Len described? Either way, you can use large washers with your screws or bolts. Good-sized washers 1” in diameter (or larger) really work well at supporting “soft” things like installation.

Good luck & happy building

The large pink styrofoam type insulation boards are very rigid & won’t deteriorate (especially when not exposed to direct sunlight, rain, wind...etc). On the inside (roof) will be safe.
Thank you. Good idea with the washers, yeah, I plan on using the hard insulation sheets.