Interested in Adopting a Sulcata - Central TX

dclockwood

I am interested in adopting a Sulcata, really any age. I am located in Central Texas (Killeen/Fort Hood area). I currently have a Russian that I found 5 years ago and am looking for a larger tortoise. I have a back yard that is extremely secure, rent from a landlord who is more than content with my animals. I have done lots of research before making this decision and have a storage room that I will convert to a safe house if they are large enough to be outside ☺. I also work with several veterinarians who do exotics in case of the need! Please let me know if you have something for adoption!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
There are a lot of members near you. Be patient in your search. There have been a couple of recent stories about adoptions here that have given most of us reason to hesitate.
You may have to get established here first.
You know that a Russian and a Sulcata can't be housed together, right?

dclockwood

Yes. My Russian has an outdoor enclosure inside my 'catio' so he's protected and comes in at night to his indoor enclosure. If I was to get a Sulcata it would have much more reign of the rest of the back yard, given it is older/larger.

And I'm totally fine being patient, it's not something I have to have right now, just wanted to put it out there and when it's right, it will happen!