intro of "Toby"

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceana

5 Year Member
Hi, I liz from the Virgin Islands....I just aquired a native Redfooted Tortoise. They arrived on our island of St. Croix by way of the South American indians travelling up the chain of islands, taking with them food, such as tortoises. Thank God some escaped and have prospered in this environment. I found one identical to this one when I was 10, but after a day at school with show and tell, he decided to wander back into the bush...(I can't understand why :)

Anyway, "Toby" has been with us for about a week and I have him in a great enclosure in a shady area by our house. What a sweet, social, facinating creature! I willl try to upload some pics...

BTW, I have googled the species and read the proper feeding and care info...he's in good hands :) Infact I have a friend with 3 females, so he will be getting lucky here soon!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Liz:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Toby.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
welcome to the forum and Thank the LORD for Everything, and that i my favorite type of tortoise :D welcome :D

C

Claireabbo

welcome! :D hehe im glad he is in good hands and hes got some mates too ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to the forum! How old is your Redfoot? I join the rest looking forward to seeing the pictures of him.... and where you live. :D

oceana

5 Year Member
Here is TOBY!
t3.jpg

And here is his new diggs
t2.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Liz:

I REALLY like where Toby lives.

oceana

5 Year Member
Hi, Thanks so much for replying...did I post it to the right area? and, how do I post his mug as my user pic?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since this is your introductory thread and you're introducing Toby, there's no reason it couldn't be here.

For your avatar, go to "user cp" up above. then on the left side choose "change avatar" then just follow the directions on that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.