Introducing Koopa! The best day of his life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
I took my 17lbs Sully to the ravine the other day for a picnic with my friends. We all collectively kept a very close eye on him when he wasn't in his pen. He plodded around through the woods, munching on dandelions (he didn't seem to want to eat anything else but those and grass) and digging in the dirt and mud. He loved tunneling through the leave litter! Here are some pictures my friend took of him.

tortoise1.jpgtortoise2.jpgtortoise3.jpgtortoise4.jpgtortoise5.jpgtortoise6.jpg

Me carrying him across the creek! He it is shallow and he actually swam across it, much to my nervousness... he started at the edge and walked in, I was following him, and he just lifted his feet and swam to the other side, defying everything I thought I knew about him. I thought he'd sink like a stone but he never even got his face wet. He got over to the long lush grass and ate, then I came over and carried him back across. No more swimming! Though he seemed awfully proud of himself. You can see a strand of grass hanging from his mouth here, haha.

1adevontort.jpg

Here are a couple of crappy color photos I took with my crappy camera the other day.

atort1.jpgatort2.jpgatort3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Beautiful pics...especially liked the pic of your tort and huck finn :D:D (I mean that with the best compliments...great pic :D)....

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Hahaha that is my friend Matt. When we go to the creek, we really rough it :D hahaha

The pictures were taken with a super old camera on 35mm film then scanned, so they are much nicer in person, albeit a bit blurry. But I really love them!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Much cuteness. I can't wait for mine to grow large enough to not disappear under a leaf lol

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I love the black & whites! The dude with the hat makes it look like an old safari movie like "Out of Africa" or "African Queen".

LaNino

5 Year Member
RE: Introducing Koopa! The best day of his life <3

Cool b&w photo..especially the one with woman carrying sulcata... is it you?

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Haha yeah LaNino, that's me rescuing him from the other side of the creek!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I think he's pretty awesome too!

LaNino

5 Year Member
RE: Introducing Koopa! The best day of his life <3

Haha..you surely have a nice picnic...
Btw how old is he?? You have him since what size?

KoopaNGoomba

5 Year Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

We have had Kupa for 3 years and the people we got him from said they had him for 4 years, so he is about 7 if I remember correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.