Introducing myself!

WhitneyO

Location (City and/or State)
Florence, AL
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the tortoise family. I just recently bought my first tortoise. A beautiful cherry head named Dori.( The breeder I got her from temp sex for females) I have raised many reptiles over my lifetime but I have fell in love with tortoises and I can't wait for Dori and I to grow up together. I am trying to learn as much as I can do any tips are welcome. I have researched every page on tips that I could. But knowledge is endless and I want Dori to have the very best life. Thanks for reading!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve_carter

UK
Warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

I look forward to reading & seeing your journey with Dori! :D

Loads of members on here full of knowledge & experiences so you've come to the right place so any questions do not hesitate to ask!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the tortoise family. I just recently bought my first tortoise. A beautiful cherry head named Dori.( The breeder I got her from temp sex for females) I have raised many reptiles over my lifetime but I have fell in love with tortoises and I can't wait for Dori and I to grow up together. I am trying to learn as much as I can do any tips are welcome. I have researched every page on tips that I could. But knowledge is endless and I want Dori to have the very best life. Thanks for reading!
Hi @WhitneyO and nice to meet you.:D

Dori is adorable! :<3: Take good care of her.:)

And a very warm welcome to the forum to BOTH of you.:tort:

WhitneyO

Florence, AL
Hello, Whitney, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Dori.:)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
Is a good place to start and then our Redfoots forum under South American tortoises in the Species Specific section.
Enjoy it here, lots to learn and it's fun, too!
I have read everything I could on here before I joined. Haha. I eventually just said maybe I should just join. I loved the beginner mistakes guide. I have read and Reread it just to make sure I cover all bases. I really look forward to being part of this community.