Introducing Titan

katie5366

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440170523.884101.jpg

Hello everyone,
Titan is a 1 year old spur thigh and he's been part of our family for 3 weeks now.
We have managed (a battle of wills) to get him off pellets and on a weed only diet. Still getting to grips with weed types so any help is greatly appreciated.
His enclosure is almost complete.
Can't wait for him to get a little bit older and build our outside enclosure and I will be asking a lot of questions when this happens so be prepared!!!

katie5366

Hi! What caused you to get a tortoise?

My son has never showed any interest in anything other than computer games. So when he can to me before Christmas asking for nothing but a tortoise I told him to go and do his homework and between Xmas and his birthday (august) I would give him spot tests on tortoise care etc and if he passed so to speak we would get one. I really thought he would have changed his mine in 9months, but he really has turned himself into a little expert. We all have really.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Hello. And welcome.
You will find much that you need right now in the sulcata section under species specific.

The sticky's at the top are important.

We all made many assumptions and listened to bad advice early in caring for tortoises. There is so much more understood now.

Good fortune with yours
Good name BTW :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome to you and Titan
There's lots if good up to date info here and plenty of advice
I found the Beginners Mistakes thread useful to help me learn from other peoples mistakes
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is a good starting guide to find out what plants are safe or not
If you look on the caresheet there should be a list of safe plants for Titan.
Looking forward to finding out more about Titan and more pics!

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
You will find much that you need right now in the sulcata section under species specific.
:)

I think he meant to look under the Greek section. There is an African tortoise (sulcata) and a Mediteranean tortoise (Greek) both known for their leg spurs - I'm pretty sure yours is the Mediteranean kind,.​